Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable all hierarchy

Saikat Das November 7, 2022

I am having a Larger EPIC to track the project.

I have used a filter to sort out the EPIC and it's issues : (project = "NAME" AND "Epic Link"= EPIC-1)

In AR, I am able to view all the stories/Task under the same EPIC. But I'm not able to see the subtasks attached to the Task/Stories. 

I can understand the gap is - my filter is finding everything that is attached to the EPIC link and the subtasks doesn't have the option to add epic links.

Can someone suggest a better way to import the EPIC, which would help me visualise all the Task/Story and it's sub-tasks. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2022

Hi @Saikat Das 

If you only want that Epic and all its Story level issues and their subtasks in the plan then use this JQL:

issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf(" EPIC-1")

Otherwise, you could just add the whole project to the plan or a board that filters all of the relevant content, if one exists?

Thanks @Curt Holley

The solution provided above i.e. the JQL filter helped to filter out all the stories along with the hierarchy under the EPIC.

@Curt Holley - I had a question regarding the 2nd solution, mentioned above - where I can import the whole project. 

In my scenario: I have one project but it's highly horizontal in nature and it need to track Story/Task  and sub tasks from multiple verticals within the company. 

What would be the best approach ?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2022

In the plan, go to: Configure/Issue sources
From there you can add Projects, Boards or Filters.

Add or change issue sources in a plan | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events