cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency warnings not shown on timeline

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2023

EDIT: this is about advanced roadmaps op CLOUD not server.

I added a dependency in advanced roadmaps. MOBL-12 must be completed before MOBL-20.

1.png

When clicking the dependency I can see a warning 'Dates overlap (28days) which seems correct:

• End date of MOBL-12: 17JAN
  • Start date of MOBL-20: 20 DEC

On the dependencies view I see the same information:

2.png

Why is this planning issue not viible on the actual plan? Other warnings have a yellow warning exclamation mark on the left next to the issue key. e.g. when child items fall out of their parent item.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2023

Hi @Charlie Misonne

In the timeline view we use a red dependency line to indicate an unhealthy dependency and a black dependency line to indicate a healthy dependency - if you reschedule MOBL-20 to the first projected sprint then you should see that line change colour.

Unfortunately the yellow exclamation warning isn't used to display unhealthy dependencies in Plans, though I'd be happy to raise this with our product team.

For info about what warnings we do show you can hit the "Warnings" button in the top left of your plan to see exactly what's supported.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to reach out with any further questions or feedback!

Cheers,

Daniel

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2023

Hi Daniel,

we use a red dependency line to indicate an unhealthy dependency and a black dependency line to indicate a healthy dependency

Thanks for pointing that out. Now that you mention it I do see a difference between the lines. I'm color blind so it does not stand out that much for me. I only notice it now because I have black and red lines on the same screen which makes the difference in contrast clear. On their own it would still be difficult.

dependencies.png

Having the warining icons would be great because it makes the problematic dependencies more visible. We won't have to have a look at the entire timeline to see if there are red or black lines.
And with the warning filters users could choose to display them yes or no.

If you can create a feature request that would be great!

Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2023

Hi Charlie,

No worries! Thanks also for pointing out the colour blindness difficulty here too, really appreciate that. We're currently working on improving the accessibility of Plans, so while I can't make any guarantees this will be worked on in the short term, I've passed this feedback on to our team working on accessibility for them to take into consideration.

I've also had a quick look and found these two feature requests to add warnings for unhealthy dependencies in plans. Watching and voting for these tickets will help us understand the interest in these features, and make sure you're kept up to date with any progress as well.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21927
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25384

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2023

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for making efforts regarding accessibility!

I voted on both feature requests :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events