Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a plan for selected Epics

Natalia Golikova June 3, 2020

Hi,

I would like to create a plan for Epics.

I picked the boards, then step 5 - "select what's in scope". I selected only epics I need in the plan, all other issues were deselected. As a result, I got all issues in my plan. I don't need them in my plan. Even if I created a version (release) and picked only one release I need, I get all the issues anyway.

How can I create a plan? I need only issues/epics for my project/release, not all of them.

Thanks,

Natalia

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Natalia Golikova ,

Good question! What you describe sounds like a bug to me. As a workaround, you can just remove issues from the plan by following the below:

1. Select issues you want to remove from the plan in the Plan>Roadmap view

2. Click "bulk actions" in the scope panel

3. Remove these issues from the plan

Let me know if you got any further questions. 

As a side note, we are in the process of fixing and simplifying the create plan UI.

Cheers,

Roi

Natalia Golikova June 10, 2020

Hi @Roi Fine,

It takes a lot of time to delete 2k issues from the plan. 

Also, it looks scary, especially understanding that there is a bug, to delete issues from the plan and implement this change back to Jira from Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps. I don't want to delete 2k issues in Jira testing this way.

Another problem is that some issues I want to add to the plan are missing. I think it is very good to have an option to add epics/issues to the existing plan and not only creating them in the plan. 

With all of these problems, we can't use Jira Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps for our planning.

Do you know if Atlassian is going to have a session about it?

Thanks,

Natalia

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Natalia Golikova ,

I understand the challenge. To clarify, removing the issues from the plan does not delete them. The issues would still be present in Jira. 

I'd love to have a chat with you and try to make things work out. 

If you'd like you can use this link to schedule a chat - https://calendly.com/rfine/30min

Roi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events