Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Issue Type instant not working due to different workflows. How can I find diff workflows used

petru bumbar April 6, 2023

Change Issue Type, is now asking me for a 2 step Move Process. How can I revert to instant change?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Change-Issue-Type-is-now-asking-me-for-a-2-step-Move-Process-How/qaq-p/2321353#M10320

I got a great response, but the issue is still ongoing:

1. I'm working on a Software Project (type),
2. All issue types are on the same workflow.
   > Project Settings > Issue Types > Edit Workflow checked for all 10 they are the same.2023-04-06 09_40_45-Window.png
 Also I'm assuming any change I do to my workflow it applies to all 10 anyway.

3. It is a Custom workflow - not a workflow scheme from Settings - Issues - Workflows is active for my project.

However I still get the issue where if I try to instant change I need to do the 2 step verification.

Is there a chance another ticket may be in the backlog that may be under a separate workflow that makes this instant change broken? I know its only 3 extra clicks but for sprint planning not having this verification does speed things up.

Thank you for all the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @petru bumbar

Issue types are the foundation for a lot more that workflows. They also determine what fields you see on screens for example. You may e.g. have configured Story Points on stories, Environment and root cause on bugs and so on.

Jira is just making sure here that you don't lose any data when you make this change. You don't just switch a tag here, you are really impacting your configuration by changing the issue type of an issue.

Having the different steps to go through is not something you can skip. It is a precaution that makes sure the conversion doesn't break anything.

Hope this clarifies!

I understand that, however Is there a way to figure out which change me or my team-mates made that could have caused this change?
Or a way to revert the project to have Change Issue Type back to instant?

Thank you as well for the feedback, its of great help.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

You could always try to find out if there's any recent configuration changes via the Audit log (Jira settings > System > Audit log)

From your question, it seems as though you're using a team managed project. Don't expect to find very detailed information about your specific project, but you could try to find out if there's any changes to either fields or workflows.

On a side note: it is quite uncommon to use a lot of different issue types with the exact same configuration in Jira. I have personally never seen a Jira instance where the switch of issue types was instant, without any migration steps to go through. But that is probably related to that given.

Like petru bumbar likes this

It was possible that's why I linked my previous question on the matter, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Change-Issue-Type-is-now-asking-me-for-a-2-step-Move-Process-How/qaq-p/2321353#M10320

But I do understand what you say here and thank you for the response. It was just annoying to see happen and not fully understanding why it happened was the reason why I wanted to ask just to get a better sense of the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events