Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can dragging an issue on plan force dependent issues to move as well?

Jon McBee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2023

On the plan when I drag an issue to shift it's start and end times, the linkages between that issue and the issues that it depends turn red, but the dependent issues do not automatically shift on the timeline.  Does this feature exist?

Screenshot 2023-10-19 135402.png

2 answers

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2023

Hi @Jon McBee 

Yes there is a way.

Auto scheduling is done on basis of Story points, issue ranking, any dependencies and release dates if any.

You can achieve your goal in stages as below:

1. Do auto scheduling once and accept changes. It will do auto scheduling based on story points and Ranking in this first round.

2. Now when your timeline is filled with temporary schedule, add dependencies between issues. You will have click on start/end of bar against that issue to add dependencies.

3. Once dependencies are set, do auto schedule again. It will now schedule your timeline based on story points, rankings and dependencies.

0 votes
Mike Vitale October 19, 2023

I would love to see a capability for this too! To my knowledge you only really see child issues move in relation to their parent (Epic) moving. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events