Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display my label on the actual bars of my timeline in the Advanced Roadmap?

Kenan Carames June 27, 2022

I'm trying to work towards exporting our work in Jira towards an understandable progress report for people outside of Jira. A big part of this is the timeline in Jira Advanced Roadmap since that is a very understandable visual for most. I was able to use the "Label" field to give the variety of my statuses that we wanted (I did not use the actual Jira Status field because that limited us to the 3 pre-determined colors despite the amount of categories that were created). Since I am using "Color By" > "Label", I was wondering if it was possible to also display the label on the progress bar so that someone could see what the colors correspond to (yellow bars would display "Delayed", green bars would display "On_Track", etc.)? Also open to the idea of a color key that might help an external user as well. Just trying to create an easy way for users to understand what the colors of the bars correspond to. Thanks!

P.S. I know I can display the Label field as a column in our roadmap but the values aren't colored so I feel it loses its visual power as being connected to the color of the bars among the other data. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Kenan Carames 

That can't be done currently, but isn't a bad idea. 
I recommend you click the "give feedback" button in Advanced Roadmaps and suggest it. 👌

Kenan Carames June 29, 2022

Will do. Thanks!

Ilan Keren-Zur November 16, 2022

It is also very important to view the labels in time line view, I hope you will but it for develop/

Like • # people like this
econverse June 29, 2023

Did this ever get added to the Advanced Roadmap functionality? My company currently uses Basic roadmaps/timelines, but if this exists, it would be a nice feature - which we've been manually doing today.

Like • Jude Reid likes this
Ilan Keren-Zur June 29, 2023

Unfortunately, as far as I know it is still not possible.  I hope they will add it soon.

Like • Jude Reid likes this
Jude Reid July 18, 2023

Adding labels to the progress bars instead of the default assignee field seems like something that should be doable and I'm surprised to hear that it isn't! I thought I was just missing where to fix that. Even when I take assignee off the story menu, the assignee icon still displays in the progress bar. 

I gave feedback, so I hope they fix this soon!

Tim Riches September 4, 2023

Yes, it would be so much easier to view the timeline if the bars had the task name on them. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events