cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting with JIRA Portfolio Cloud

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2019

I am looking for alternative ways to manage budgeting within my JIRA Portfolio Cloud.  Tempo Budget is not available for JIRA Cloud yet.  Has anyone got recommendations?  My initial thought was to create 2 custom fields for Budget and Actual Costs and then manually update these the Actual based off the Log Work.  

Would like to now if anyone has done something similar?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hi Kathi,

Portfolio is geared to handle resourcing and planning to see what can be done project side for capacity, availability, velocity, etc... but does not have any built in capabilities for the money behind these values for budget assessments as a resource option.

For you point on "Tempo Budgets" not having an add-on option for the cloud platform at this time, there are some app options available for the could platform designed to add in budgeting resources that might also work out in your favor here as an alternative option to tempo, a list is viewable here:

But your idea on creating 2 custom fields for Budget and Actual Costs, could also work but you would need to have an option to run a calculation of the fields based on the logged work otherwise this would be a fully manual process to run the math against the hours to define the rates and have a lot of potential for error,  You could look into other apps for this as well if you choose to go this route with something like "sumUp for Jira" that has capabilities to Sum up the work log  or the cloud version of "ScriptRunner" using its "Script Listeners" capabilities to do a scripted calculation and populate the values based on the input.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events