You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have a project that i'm trying to use auto-schedule for. It works fine except for one Story that it skips over for some reason without warnings. This particular Story happens to have a Linked dependency that is blocking it which is assigned to a Sprint that is in a different project - could that be causing the blocked issue to be skipped? There are no warnings, which is odd. Does auto-schedule not work with Linked Issues that are in a different project's sprint? Note - I have included each project's board in my issue sources, so at least the sprints are recognized as part of the plan.
Hi @Brian Charniga,
Can you confirm what you mean by "skips over" - does this mean that the issue is completely ignored and no changes are suggested?
Usually when an issue has no suggestions made it is because it has the optimum values assigned or it has no estimate (issues without an estimate are generally ignored by the auto-scheduling).
With respect to the linked dependency from another project... if that dependency is itself included within the plan then the scheduler will take it into account (in so far as it won't schedule the dependent issue before the issue it depends on). This also relies on the link relationship being included as a dependency in the global configuration for Advanced Roadmaps (by default only the blocks / is blocked by is considered a dependency).
It doesn't matter if the issues are in different sprints / projects / boards - all that matters is that they are both present in the plan and the scheduler can work out start / end dates for them (usually derived by the estimate and assigned team capacity).
Thank you @Dave for clarifying the expected behavior. I took a closer look after getting some sleep and realized this was all due to user error... I totally missed that I forgot to put an estimate on the issue that was blocked, so I fixed that and now everything is working as expected. I'm working on a proof-of-concept using Advanced Roadmaps, and am very happy with the capabilities so far. Can't wait to see what's coming down the road! Thank you!