Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Roadmaps Plugin Vs R4J

saket rustagi June 8, 2020

Current structure is

- Product Requirements in "Advanced Roadmap" (formerly Portfolio for JIRA)

- Requirement documents are in Confluence.

- "Task Management (EPIC/US/Tasks)" (Agile Scrum teams) in JIRA

Given a possibility to have both R4J plugin and Advanced roadmaps plugin available in JIRA environment.

What are the advantages of "Advanced Roadmaps" plugin in comparison with Requirement Management plugins like R4J and vice versa.

Is it enough to have have "Advanced Roadmap" plugin and achieve all Requirement management nuances. If not then what are 

1 answer

0 votes
Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Disclaimer: I´m employed at the vendor of R4J

Hello Saket Rustagi,

thank you for your interest in R4J - Requirements Management for Jira. If you like, I can arrange a free product demo for you, please contact our service desk and suggest some schedule options.

Additionally to an absolute flexible structure of your Jira issues (not limited to requirements) in the project tree, R4J offers you further important features for requirement management as

• different views like a document-like reading view and a tabular view. This is extended by a detail view for single issues.
  • a baseline feature to snapshot current state of your tree content a e.g. at a milestone or review date.
  • tracking of each issue change as revision with comparison and update features.
  • a traceability matrix view to identify relationships (links) between issues of any kind
  • a coverage view to analyse (and update) the dependencies from e.g. user requirements to system specification issues, development tasks and test issues in one view.
  • monitoring of (requirement) changes which may have an effect on tasks or test definitions.

Please let me know when you want to know more about it, I hope to be in contact with you soon,

Best regards for Germany, Bernhard

saket rustagi June 9, 2020

Hi Bernhard, Thanks for your reply.

It would be great if we can organize a session, preferably this Friday 10 AM CET.

Let me know if that is feasible.

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Hello @saket rustagi ,

could you please send me a request via our portal - so I have your contact details for the invitation.

Thanks, Bernhard

saket rustagi June 9, 2020

Hi @Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_ ,

Just wanted to confirm that we already have R4J plugin available in our JIRA Server.

We are looking to gather more information on whether we shall activate the same for our project and what advantages we can get over "Advanced Roadmaps" plugin from Atlassian.

Thanks, Saket

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2020

Hello @saket rustagi ,

I hope you are doing well with your evaluation of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira add-on. What is your experience so far, do you need any further help or can we clarify some questions? 

Please contact our friendly service desk to the quick help.

Best Regards, Bernhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events