cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Kanban and Scrum in Plans.

jeroen_wilmes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2023

I'ld like to catch some attention for a feature that has been raised on the backlog.

It is about making it possible use both, projects in Scrum and Projects in Kanban in one Plan. It is logged under: JSWCLOUD-25577; https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25577

Let me explain why I don't see this as a "new Feature" but as a flaw.
The purpose of Plans (the former plug-in Advanced Roadmaps) is to support across project planning in JIRA. That means, that with Plans you can create a projectplan consisting of data from more than one JIRA Project. As projects in Jira can be in Scrum or in Kanban, Plans should be able to work with both as well. Unfortunately that is NOT the case. In the settings of Plans you determine whether your Plan is in Kanban or Scrum and by that, Plans is overruling the settings of the individual Jira Projects.  This "new Feature" is a way to overcome this problem.

I hope that everyone using Plans will support  this "feature" because in the end I'm not interested whether it is a flaw or an improvement. Having this solved, will be a big and last step in using Jira to converge the outside-in "waterfall"  approach with the Development (inside -out) "Agile" way of working. I guess everyone agrees that we are all living in that hybrid world where customers require a kind of Waterfall approach and Development teams performs best in Scrum or Kanban.

1 comment

Greg Rothwell January 23, 2024

I fully agree with this and it's a feature that's sorely needed

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events