Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's changing with Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio for Jira Cloud)

57 comments

Fabio Vintorin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

Well done guys!! it looks great ..  i love it so much 

Like # people like this
adiallo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2020

Greetings,

What will happen to non-premium users that currently have JIRA Portfolio? The rollout plan is a bit confusing.

Thank you,

Parisa Askarnejad May 14, 2020

Hi all, In the first announcement it mentioned 'You can easily revert back if you later decide that you’re not ready for the change.' and 'All newly created plans will have the improved interface by default.'

Can someone answer the below questions?

1. How can I revert back the to old interface?

2. Is there absolutely no way I can create a new plan with old interface(portfolio for jira)?

Thanks,

Parisa

Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

@Roald  - thanks so much for that list. We’re always trying to learn more about how teams plan and how we can build a better planning solution for our customers. If you’d be keen to participate in some product research then please reach out to me at pmorris@atlassian.com as I’d love to speak with you about your planning requirements. For documentation, you can go here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/advanced-roadmaps-home-998650885.html . As for viewing by sprints, have you discovered our “group by” options in the view settings yet?

@Justin Kelley - the completed issues config option should be the one that you’re after - does your workflow correctly set resolution? Perhaps raise a support ticket with us and we can dig a little deeper.

@Parisa Askarnejad  - you are able to revert back to the old interface in a similar way to activating the new one: via your plan settings. Under “Advanced” you will see “Plan interface” that will allow you switch the new interface off. You are free to do this at any point in time so feel free to create a new plan and then immediately switch the improved interface off.

Roald May 15, 2020

@Pete Morris Don't mind participating, you can contact me at my registered email address.

Deleted user May 15, 2020

Thanks @Josh Frank

We are not an existing user. So, will wait for the launch.

Jason Kossen May 15, 2020

Playing around with advanced roadmaps, and so far it's been great. However we have identified a couple improvements that would help the process of planning: 

1. Auto calculate the due date from the start date, based on the estimation when the estimation type is set to days/hours
  2. If the scheduling bar is used to increase or decrease the time between start end dates, the estimation should update as well. 
  3.  Should also have an option to exclude weekends and specific holidays days from the plan
  4.  Able to add mile stones.

Keep up the great work!

Like # people like this
Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2020

@Roald - We're not able to look up your registered email via Atlassian Community, so if you are interested please reach out to me at pmorris@atlassian.com when you can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Jason Kossen - Thank you for the feedback!

Bernhard Maier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2020

Thanks for the update. I as really looking forward to see the new functionality. 

One of our reasons for doing planning with portfolio was the "capacity", "individual abscence" and working hour feature since we do not have a classical team as you think about it.

We have teams of experts (with special skills) and we have to share their ressources over several projects.
Within a project there is always one expert per skill. We decide on free capacities per person (and availablility by individual abscence) who will get several user stories.
So there is no explicit "project team" that we want to plan.

I have not changed to the new interface since I am a little bit afraid, that I get your announcement correct. If there is no way for doing also time-planning I think we have lost our core feature...

Like Victor Rivera likes this
Alex Abdo May 19, 2020

Great to see some of the changes to Server have finally come to Cloud! One huge thing for us though is that the Progress bars only show distinction between Done/not Done, instead of the Status Categories of To Do/In Progress/Done.

This is a small change, but would have a huge impact on usability/reporting for our stakeholders looking at Advanced Roadmaps.

When will there be "In Progress" as part of the Progress bar in Advanced Roadmaps?

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2020

Hey @Alex Abdo - There are two progress fields available in Advanced Roadmaps:

• Progress (estimate) - this will be based on completed vs remaining story points, hours or days - whichever your plan is setup to use.
  • Progress (issue count) - this sounds like what you're after. It's status breakdown based on the immediate children. So you can see how many direct child issues are in To do/ In progress/ Done status categories. e.g:
    image.png

Is this what you're trying to achieve?

Like Dave_Liao likes this
Alex Abdo May 19, 2020

Hey @Rhys Christian! Yes, I am trying to get the "In Progress" piece, but we use Progress (story points) for our progress bars, since we use Story Points. When I go to look to add the column for Progress (estimate), it is not an option.

The only options I get are Progress (story points) and Progress (issue count).

When using Progress (story points) I only get Completed/Remaining (see picture), I do not get To Do/In Progress/Done (which is what I want).

2020-5-19-AdvancedRoadmaps-ProgressBar.PNG

Is there something I'm missing?

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hey @Alex Abdo - I understand you want to view the total amount of points that are set on issues In progress.

Unfortunately that's not possible as the Progress (story points) field is limited to Completed vs Remaining breakdown of progress. Only the Issue count progress reveals the status breakdown. We'll note your requirement - thanks for feedback.

Like Dave_Liao likes this
Alex Abdo May 21, 2020

Thanks @Rhys Christian! Is there a link to an issue you may have so I can track this requirement?

Also, going back to Progress (estimate), is that something that should be available in Advanced Roadmaps, because all I get is Progress (story points). Or are those the same thing?

Armel Chao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 21, 2020

How can I get support on this new product, I was using Jira Portfolio in Jira Cloud and I am now playing with this new interface and I am finding a lot of defects based on the webinar I attended. 

Marie F. Kent May 21, 2020

Any plans to add the program view to the cloud offering?

Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Hi @Armel Chao - what kind of defects are you finding? We haven't received much in the way of bug feedback from other customers, but if you're seeing something strange please feel free to comment here or raise a support ticket.

Hi @Marie F. Kent - we don't have any plans to bring over programs in the short term. We're investigating improvements to the roadmap view in order to provide the same high-level overview as programs.

Parisa Askarnejad May 27, 2020

Hi, I am using the advanced roadmap. So far I found it simple I would like to know if there is  a way that the estimate will be sum up and populate in the epic estimate?

Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2020

Hi @Parisa Askarnejad ! - If you select "Show rolled-up values in fields" in "View settings" on the right hand side of the plan screen, you will see a rolled up story point value for all parent issues. This does not automatically populate the parent issue's estimates field - that one remains separate so that it can still contain unbroken down work estimates that has not yet been captured in child stories.

Parisa Askarnejad May 28, 2020

Thank you, I have another question. I have predefined 4 sprints in Jira board and now the team is allocating the tasks to that sprint. however, when it comes to the advanced roadmap it dates are not correct and are not according to the sprint plan that I am planning. We have a week gap for synchronization.

Is there a way that I adjust the sprint date and all the tasks under that sprints get the start and due date?

currently, I am manually updating them by the filter and bulk edit in Jira software, and it is time consuming

Another question, can an initiative be mapped to multiple epics and vise versa?

Regards,

Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2020

Hi @Parisa Askarnejad - The dates on an issue can be automatically inferred from the sprint by leaving the start and due date fields blank. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to set future sprint dates in Jira Software Cloud at the moment, though it is something we are considering for the future. The reason you are seeing dates in Advanced Roadmaps that do not match your sprint plan (assuming your sprint plan exists outside of Jira) is because we project future sprint dates based on the dates of the current sprint and your sprint cadence. It's not currently possibly to easily represent a 1wk break in the middle of your sprints if your "real" sprints are 2wks in length. If the break is the same length as your regular sprints then you can just create an empty sprint in Jira and the dates will match.

As for initiative to epic mapping - a parent can have many children, but a child can have only one parent; in your example this means an initiative can have multiple epics but an epic can have only one initiative. If you're looking for a many-to-many relationship then you may want to consider labels or components.

Like Parisa Askarnejad likes this

1) Thank Pete, yes I would like to have the possibility to set the sprint start and end date manually for future sprints. No, our sprint is 3-weeks and every 4 sprints we have the synchronization week. so creating a sprint is not helping me. I will continue bulk editing the start and end date. However, I faced another problem with that approach. I am getting the warning 'The start or due date is outside sprint date'. 

2) Regarding the epic mapping to the initiative, I would like to map the same epic to different initiatives. So is this possible to map the child to a different parent? Does it even make any sense?

Initiative-1--> Epic1, Epic2, Epic3

Initiative-2--> Epic1, Epic3, Epic4

3) I have another issue with team capacity when I checkmark it from the view setting it is not showing in the timeline the team capacity. I am using the shared team across all of my plans

4) What is the best way to share the plan with executives?

5) ones we are done with the baseline plan I would like to keep a snapshot of it and if anything changes i will be able to keep the record of it and be able to calculate the slack.

Overall I like the UI and how it presents the plan in the agile world :)

Cheers,

Parisa

Another difficulty I have is the start and end date of a parent epic, right now I am manually doing this. but Is there a way that the epic can get the start and end date form the child tasks? the very first one and very last one and if there are un schedules tasks which are to do then leave it open?

Kristijan Luburic [venITure] June 10, 2020

@Pete Morris@adiallo already asked above: "What will happen to non-premium users that currently have Jira Portfolio?" 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events