Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduled start date

mschoen1214 October 23, 2018

All, we are new to Portfolio for Jira. We have been piloting the tool for a few months now and have been very excited about  the benefits it will provide for release planning and presenting scenarios that will drive decision making. I am currently running into an issue that I am sure is pilot error. Before we started using Portfolio for Jira we had fully planned sprints under Jira. Now we are trying to pull this data into portfolio.

We have our teams, skills, and capacities all setup in portfolio. Each of the teams is associated with an existing board in Jira. When I click the Calculate button the start date for the Epics that are in flight updates to a date a few weeks in the future even though there are stories under the epic that were closed a sprint or two back. Is there a way to configure portfolio to set dates based on the epic/story data?

I was expecting portfolio to look at the story data under the epic and figure out what is closed and when it was closed (which sprint) and then calculate the schedule based on this information. But this doesn’t look to be the case.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events