Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I sort the labels of a Jira-Plan

Xaver Landsberger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2020

i have a Plan and grouped by labels.
I want to have the labls in a correct sequenz.
Unbenannt.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hello @Xaver Landsberger ,

Currently, there is not an option to sot by label alphabetically, or to sort the labels alphabetically. 

The current behavior sorts by the Labels ID (based on time of creation), and locating a label includes search capabilities allowing the user to type out the label name to provide a narrowed list to reduce the amount of scrolling.

We had an older Feature request that never gathered much interest and as a result, was closed out as a "won't Fix" option.  This one specifically related to Sorting the labels directly, and even though this issue is closed out I recommend dropping a comment on it noting your interest, for additional review:

Then the next feature request is for an option to make the columns "Labels", "Themes" and "Releases" sortable options in Advanced Roadmaps, again make sure to add a vote and add in any comments noting how this is impacting you currently to help get the best solution moving forward:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Earl

Marta Cooke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

Hi Earl, I actually have the opposite problem; I hope you can direct me to the right documentation.  The groupings are in the order I want them, and were entered in the order I want them in the View Settings>Group By Label, but they're appearing alphabetically in the Plan itself, and cannot be dragged anywhere.  How do I turn OFF the alphabetical default?  Thanks!  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events