getting a "Too many issues" error when setting up sources for a new plan

Bryan Forsyth June 6, 2019

Error - Your current selection includes too many issues to load correctly. Refine your selection to connect to fewer releases or projects.

We have 6-8 projects with 2-3 releases each that I had been using as sources for a Portfolio Plan.  I'm trying to create a new plan for the next year and am getting this error.  

Anyone had this problem?  Is it the result of a new release?  Is there a numeric limit of issues?

Thanks

Bryan

1 answer

1 vote
Chiragkumar Rupani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hi Bryan,

This is because the number of issues you have selected may have exceeded some system limits. You can refer to the documentation links given below to understand various limits applied while creating a plan.

If you are using version above 3.0,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/creating-portfolio-plans-970267321.html

If you are using live plans (2.0 to 2.27),

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/creating-and-deleting-plans-802170502.html

Let us know if you still face any difficulties after fixing the limits.

Regards,

Portfolio for Jira Team 

Bryan Forsyth June 12, 2019

Hi, I'm no where near exceeding the issue limit.  Its confusing because this used to work fine, and I'm not sure exactly when it broke.

The new plan I'm creating includes 7 projects, with 1 or 2 fix versions selected per.

The number of total issues is under 1000:

project a - 38

project b - 339

project c - 80

project d - 311

project e - 9

project f - 117

project g - 18

total - 918 issues

I look forward to your thoughts.  

Bryan

Scott Boisvert October 3, 2019

Are you including sub-tasks in the count? I ran into the same issue (800 issues), but when include sub-tasks I'm at 5,179.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events