I am evaluating jira and portfolio for a project. I created some releases, epics, user stories and added some levels in the portfolio hierarchy.
Questions and hope you can help:
1) How do I change the time bar from dates to e.g. sprints or releases in the plan?
Answer: set the filter to user stories will show the sprint. Would be good if it could be manually selected.
2) I added a few extra levels in the portfolio hierarchy though when looking at the portfolio plan, the plan can only show for one level (by selecting the button on the top left and set your hierarchy) is it possible to display multiple levels in the plan? E.g. Themes and epics?
3) Do I understand it correctly that the plan creation is done on the estimates and not by assigning it to a sprint? For example, I will have a large number of epics. Do I need to set the estimates for all epics or can we just assign them to a sprint for planning purposes?
4) in the configuration I have set the scheduling to base on target dates.
Though in the plan, the epics take the whole release and not only the sprint that they are assigned to
5) When adding my own level in the hierarchy, Epic cannot be chosen as an issue type. Why is this?
many thx. B.
1 - It's possible to show the sprints for all hierarchy levels, there is an option to enable it in the schedule view configuration. You can read more about it here.
2 - Currently the schedule view does not allow to see multiple hierarchies at the same time. There is a feature request you can comment and vote on here.
3 - For resolving dependencies, and doing capacity planning the estimations are needed, but issues can still show up in the schedule view without estimations if they have sprint or fixed release assignments or have Target dates.
4 - The scheduling priority order used for unestimated issues is Sprint > Release > Target dates
5 - The Sub-task, Story, and Epic level are Jira fixed hierarchies and Portfolio does not currently allow to change those. You can only add and modify hierarchy levels above epic.
The Portfolio for Jira Server team
Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events