Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I create an epic as a "child issue" of initiatives directly?

Hancheng Lvsiqing April 17, 2023

hello team,

I'd like to create an epic as a "child issue" of initiatives directly, just like "create subtask", but it seems that I can't do it ?

background:

1.  "initiatives" level added

2.  field "parent link" available for epic issue

appreciate for your support.

initiative.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

HI @Hancheng Lvsiqing  and welcome,

Epic is a standard issue type and not a subtask so the answer is no. My suggestion is to create an epic and link it to the initiative through a link.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , thanks for your suggestion ! :D I know that epic is not a "subtask",  can I "create epic" in initiatives? 

or "add a child issue" in initiatives, and this child issue is an epic?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

There is not a specific button "Create Epic" that you can setup within initiative issue type.

Lloyd Phillips January 17, 2024

Being able to create child items per the hierarchy would be a fabulous thing. So, if I'm in an Initiative it offers and restricts me to "Create Epic". If I'm in an Epic it offers and restricts me to "Create Story". If I'm in a Story it offers and restricts me to "Create Subtask". That would speed up workflow so much and be far more intuitive. Hope Atlassian can consider this for development.

0 votes
jeremyn January 22, 2024

This is such a failure of design and deployment on Atlassian's part. They've done a lot to make Advanced Roadmaps (ne Plans) so valuable, yet leave out the ability to add children to the TICES issue typs above Epics, thus depriving users of an intuitive way to do what they've always done for their "container" issues (ie epics up until now).

We want to deploy Advance Roadmaps company wide, but when the project leads hate the way the new fields can't be used the same way as before it really makes life a lot harder on those of us tasked with deploying corporate wide changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events