Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does auto-schedule only schedule issues assigned to sprints?

Terrell Teague March 31, 2021

I'm using the Improved Interface. When I use Auto-Schedule and I configure it to overwrite Sprints, Releases, Teams, it only auto schedules issues that were already assigned to a sprint. It has the same start/end date as the sprint. So, essentially it doesn't do anything. The only items that show the purple preview are the ones with sprints assigned and the dates are the same as the sprints.

Even when I assign a team, it still doesn't plan any work.

I've tried different combination of the auto-schedule settings (which things to over write) and doesn't help.

Other info:

Issue source is 2 JIRA boards.

Four teams with each team setup to work from a board.

On our JIRA project that feeds the scrum boards, the Team field is locked (not sure this is an issue)

Auto-schedule only with sprints.jpg

Team field locked.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Terrell Teague,

I have to admit that the screenshot looks really unusual - not least because it appears as though the auto-scheduler is updating resolved issues (i.e. all the ones marked closed!) which I wouldn't expect it to do.

It's worth nothing that you'll only see changes indicated if the auto-scheduling algorithm is proposing a change - so if the issue is considered to be scheduled appropriately then no changes will be made and you won't see the stripy pattern. However, if you've been trying different things then you should have caused it to schedule - the simplest one is usually to bump the estimate (or change the team capacity).

This question is tagged as server so it would definitely be good to know which version you're using (i.e. if you're on older or newer code) as there's always a chance that something has been fixed on a more recent version.

However, this might be something better addressed via support rather than the community, although I can say that based on what you've described and the screenshot that something doesn't seem quite right. 

Is this the only plan you see this type of behaviour on? 

Regards,

Dave

Terrell Teague April 1, 2021

Thanks for the replay @Dave 

I'll reach out to support, our version is Advanced Roadmaps for Jira v3.29.1.

No matter what changes I make, it still just schedules issues in sprints.

Thanks,

Terrell

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Thanks @Terrell Teague - you're on a recent version of Advanced Roadmaps so this is definitely something our support team will want to look at!

Regards,

Dave

Lucas Holcomb June 11, 2021

I am experiencing an identical problem and wondering if support gave you a straightforward answer?

Thanks.

Like Charles Ferraro likes this
Nick Sideras July 23, 2021

Same here...

Like Charles Ferraro likes this
Charles Ferraro September 15, 2022

I have the same issue here! @Dave is this a common issue? problem is, that it worked at some point and im not sure what changed 

Charles Ferraro September 15, 2022

And my hands are tied because I don't have the SEN number to get support because we have a Jira Admin department and i submitted a ticket to have them help me but they've never used the roadmap like this and my ticket has been sitting on backlog... very frustrating @Dave if you know how this was resolved can you reply on my post so i can see the ping better.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Road-map-in-Jira-Auto-scheduling/qaq-p/2136052

Anita Cacic September 20, 2023

Hi Atlasian team, we have the same issue now, auto schedule doesn’t work. We tried even selecting some issues but that didn’t help.

Strange thing is that it worked yesterday, we didn’t do any changes to the plan, but auto schedule today doesn’t do anything.

I can provide print screen if it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events