Why can't some items be scheduled in portfolio plan even when they are in the teams backlog?

Tarang November 29, 2018

I am encountering a warning related to scheduling an item that is in the team's backlog when setting up a portfolio plan for the team. The error/warning reads

This issue can't be scheduled properly because the assigned team isn't present in your. Change the assigned team to one that's in your plan, or add the assigned team to your plan. Then, recalculate your plan

I look at the items in question and they have been defined to belong to the team in question. So what is the likely cause of this?

I have also checked of the dependencies and in the couple of instances I saw that the dependencies weren't targeted to the Releases I have included in the plan, however in the other cases the items had no dependencies to speak of yet the same warning.  Of course I have items in the plan being scheduled without any errors/warnings and can't figure out what is so special about the few where this error/warning appears.

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018

Hey Tarang,

The issue is that Portfolio looks for teams that are defined in it's system.

You'll need to ensure that all of your teams are configured correctly and that all of the Stories (and their Sub-Tasks) are assigned properly.

This guide may be able to help you out:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/adding-and-configuring-teams-715262827.html

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Tarang November 29, 2018

That’s just it.  I confirmed the configuration of the team and the sources for the portfolio plan.  Since the warning is associated to some items I checked those items are associated to the team.  If there are any dependencies across teams on the item then those teams have been included as needed.

As these things are resolved then not clear why the error.

Tarang November 29, 2018

Aside this an error message is only useful if it can point to the actual source as opposed to make a broad claim as this one does.

Rene Petersen December 3, 2019

I am having this same issue.  Was this ever resolved? 

Tarang December 3, 2019

It has been a while and if my memory serves me right the issue revolved around the the need to define Team in portfolio as a shared team.  This said, the fact Jira doesn't have a native object definition of Team and it is first defined in Portfolio had something to do with it.

I am sorry I can't offer more clarity in this.

Rene Petersen December 3, 2019

I was able to manually assign my team instead of letting Portfolio calculate it and then committed the changes.  That seems to have resolved the problem.  Seems odd though.  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events