Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I select/see the Assignee field? while switching to new Experience it is there?

Nick De Groof January 25, 2019

I am wondering why I cannot add a column for the Assignee, some posts make believe it is not possible, but recently have been using the New Experience and funny enough the Assignee is one of the main columns/fields in the roadmap, meaning the data is apparently present.

So why can it then not be selected in the Classic view or even used in the Team member creation?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hi @Nick De Groof,

The new Portfolio for Jira planning experience introduces core changes as described here, one of which is to rely on the Jira assignee field rather than the Portfolio Team Member field.

The Portfolio live plan experience is heavily relying on the Portfolio algorithm, which allows multiple people working on the same task, but the Jira Assignee field does not allow multiple values, hence the use of the Team Member field instead. To avoid confusion between those 2 fields it was decided to not display the assignee field along the Team Member field but to add some synchronization capabilities via the plan configuration option.

I hope that helps clarify some of the reasons behind the decisions made with Portfolio Live plan and since you mentioned it, let us know via the feedback option on how the new experience is working out for you!

Cheers,

Thomas

Nick De Groof January 31, 2019

Hi Thomas,  thanks for the response, and while I can appreciate the logic, my point was that the data-field is available, as I can switch between the live plane and the new experience, granted each type of plan is based on either team-member or assignee, since in our case we have one issue(subtask), one assignee, this would enable to also see in the live plan who does what and would not force us to assemble redundant setup of teams in order to get some capacity planning from the live plan, could have been simplified.  Again understand design choices had to be made and this how it is.

BR, Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events