Where do I set the number of hours in a day in the latest version of the jira Application ?

Lornette Palmer-Rhoden April 16, 2018

trying to configure hrs per day in the LATEST jira app.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

I assume you are talking about Working hours per day, which is set under Jira Settings > Issues > Time tracking 

Time tracking - JIRA.png

Lornette Palmer-Rhoden April 17, 2018

Thanks for your very quick response, however, the version of jira that I have, I am NOT seeing time tracking as an option, see attached supporting screen views of what I am 

seeing when I click on Settings.

issue_timetracking_1.jpgissue_timetracking_2.jpg

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

You are looking at the project settings, the time tracking is set under the Jira settings. From the Jira home, go to Settings > Issues > Time tracking. You need Jira admin permission in order to see it.

timetracking.png

Like Jaime Fraina likes this
Lornette Palmer-Rhoden April 17, 2018

Thanks understand, this guide actually works beautifully.

Jaime Fraina January 15, 2020

We don't use days on our projects, just hours. I tried setting the number of hours in a day to a really high number but now all estimates are showing in years instead.. I went back here to update it and now my global time settings are gone. Any ideas on what's going on here?

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.29.05 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events