When selecting story hierarchy level, random inititative & epic issues are shown on roadmap

Muhammad Marhoon November 3, 2017

When I select story on the hierarchy level filter, it doesn't show any stories. Instead it shows a few randomly selected initiatives and epics.

Also, when I select create story while viewing the story view of roadmap it shows up as a task instead & doesn't show on the roadmap.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Hi @Muhammad Marhoon,

A good starting point might be to check the Hierarchy definition of Portfolio.

Check out the documentation on hierarchy configuration here.

Muhammad Marhoon November 6, 2017

Hello @Walter Buggenhout

Thanks for the link, I've had a look at it again and have used it previously to set my hierarchy levels.

My issue is more to do with the portfolio timeline displaying a mix of different hierarchy levels when selecting to view timeline at a story level.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Hi @Muhammad Marhoon,

I understand what you are saying. You also mentioned that a task shows up when you create an issue at story level, so I wanted you to check first what issue types you have mapped to each hierarchy level in Portfolio.

One more thing you could check, is which issue type scheme(s) is/are being used in the Jira projects you have in your plan. If 'story' is not available in a given project, Jira will create another issue type. Or you can usually select which issue type you want to create:

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 15.23.14.png

If this does not explain/fix your issue, I would recommend you to create an issue with Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events