What to do when missing the Original and Remaining Estimate fields in JIRA?

Heather Stoddard April 6, 2018

I'm working in a JIRA cloud instance and testing out Portfolio for JIRA. It says that the estimation fields are required for it to work. I do not seem to have the Original Estimate or Remaining Estimate fields in my JIRA instance. Is there a way to get those back? Or is there a way to map custom estimate fields to Portfolio? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

Hello @Heather Stoddard

Please make sure you have time tracking enabled on the cloud instance 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-time-tracking-818578858.html

And also add the "Time tracking" field to the screens of the issueTypes -> projects. 

See here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/The-Original-Estimate-field-is-missing-when-creating-stories-and/qaq-p/95261

Heather Stoddard April 6, 2018

The Time Tracking was active. I granted permissions to application access: Jira software. I went back and tried to add the fields to my issue screens, but it's still not available as a choice. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 12.14.42 PM.png

Tarun Sapra April 6, 2018

The field which you have to add is called "Time tracking"

Heather Stoddard April 10, 2018

Thank you! This did it! Now I just have to figure out how to make the User Story time tracking will have an effect on the Epic Remaining Time. 

Tarun Sapra April 10, 2018

Glad to know that it's working, could you please accept/upvote the answer so that other users are helped as well. Thanks.

Dave Sausville November 18, 2019

So is `Remaining Estimate` a field that can no longer be displayed on its own?  We don't actually use Jira tickets to log time, so having a `Time Tracking` field on the ticket is extremely confusing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events