What is the difference between Teams and Shared Teams? Can you set up both using the same Team name

Ed T December 24, 2020

What is the difference between Teams and Shared Teams? Can you set up both using the same Team name?

Trying to assign induvial capacity for each team member. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi @Ed T 

If you are using the improved interface then you will not be able to use the individual capacities.

Shared teams can be used in multiple plans. This is useful in cases when you need to assign tasks to let us say designers who might be working only for specific tasks across projects.

Check this page for more details.

Ravi

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2020

A 'Shared team' can be used across multiple plans. A 'local team' or how-else-to-call-it is plan-specific, meaning you can only use it in a specific plan that you create this team in.

As far as I know there is no unique key constraint on team names, and there can be multiple teams of the same name, regardless of whether they are "local" or shared. Mind you that if you have 2 teams, 1 local 1 shared, they are still 2 different teams, and can have different members/velocity.

I'm not a roadmaps/portfolio guy, but my impression is that the recent versions don't quite support individual member capacity planning, but rather focus on team velocity instead as a whole. I hope that someone can elaborate on that a little better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events