Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if i delete Portfolio in JIRA Cloud?

Bhavin Sanghvi June 7, 2019

Hi,

I want to know if the Portfolio App can be deleted fro JIRA and if that gets deleted how can i ensure myself that it was not being used by my current projects.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2019

Hi Bhavin,

When an app is uninstalled the data is still there, so even if you uninstall and decide you want to re-enable the app later on you can re-install and the previous configurations will still be present when re-enabled. 

To check what projects are using portfolio currently would require manual review of the plan settings, and you can go to "Portfolio > View All Plans" and review the settings of each independently.

If you're not using Portfolio you can simply flag the application for uninstall under the manage apps section of the universal plugin manager as covered in the  "Managing apps" documentation.

Currently when Jira Portfolio is installed, it installs with with 3 independent add-ons apps that act as dependencies of each other, and you will want to uninstall all three to remove the app:

• Portfolio for JIRA
  • Portfolio Live Plans
  • Portfolio Team Management

Regards,
Earl

Bhavin Sanghvi June 10, 2019

@Earl McCutcheon - Thanks ! This sounds to be helpful.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Sreenath H B October 16, 2019

I installed Portfolio for Jira and found out that it doesn't meet my requirements. So I unsubscribed it from the Manage Apps screen. But the Teams Feature and related fields are still around and available on issues. They didn't get used by anyone so I'd like to clean up by removing all the Portfolio related fields so that some team doesn't start using them at a later date and figures that it's a Portfolio dependent field.

Any advise?

Diego Valdivia October 21, 2019

@Sreenath H B Same here, it creates custom fields that are system blocked

Like Sreenath H B likes this
Jovanna Pugh July 9, 2020

We've just unsubscribed as well, and I still see the 'Plans' option in the top navigation bar, which means I can still create a plan and see the configuration screens.  Is this intended?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events