Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this message mean, "Plan contains team-managed projects"

Sue Hannan May 20, 2021

When I select my plan I am receiving this warning and am not quite sure what it means. "Plan contains team-managed projects". My guess it is telling me it doesn't support Next Gen projects and one of my projects that is being pulled in is Next Gen. Is it really telling me something else and if so, what is the warning telling me?

1 answer

3 votes
chucktalk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2021

Team managed projects are next-gen projects indeed. Are you pulling in multiple projects (in other words classic and next-gen)? Or are you pulling in just a next-gen project? Only ask as there are differences between the classic 'Company Managed' projects and the next-gen 'Team Managed' projects which do not play well together.

Sue Hannan May 24, 2021

Thank you. We are pulling in multiple projects. Since we are using parent link and a label on epics to tie epics to our Initiative board (separate project), I believe there may be some next gen out there. So, are you saying that a classic is also referred to as 'Company Managed' project while next gen also referred to as 'Team Managed' project; hence the error message? We are aware Advanced roadmaps does not handle Next gen projects well and wanted to confirm the message is in fact related to this situation. The reason is if it were something else that we could address, we would. As I read your comment further, is it that they don't do well together and therefore if I separated them into separate plans, I may not get the error/warning or is it bc next gen do not play well with Advanced Roadmaps? Thanks!

chucktalk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Sue Hannan - that is correct: Company Managed projects are also known as Classic Projects, while Team Managed projects are also known as Next-gen projects. I suspect that there is a problem with bringing in the next-gen projects into the AR view. I would recommend working with support to resolve the errors though, as they would look at the actual errors and have insight into the data. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events