Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Resolved issue in Portfolio

Dania Zaccara May 4, 2018

Hi all, 

I notice that in my plan issue with a resolution set in jira are not show in portfolio plan. 

I also added filter on all issue status. 

Anyone know if there are some particular configuration?  

1 answer

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Dania,

The Schedule designed to be forward-looking by default and show work that is still needed to be done. When an issue has a resolution set, it won't be visible in the Schedule anymore.

But you can adjust the timeframe and status visibility to see completed issues.  Additional details on this behavior can be seen in the Following Article just above the section "Time based progress tracking" in the Info Box for the conditions to be included:

• The status filter is set to open and completed.
  • Completed since filter is set to the desired timeframe.

To set these items and see your completed issues:

1. Go to Scope > More > choose Status.
  2.  In the filter dropdown choose Open and completed issues.
  3. The Completion date filter has a timeframe set. Go to More > choose Completion date and define a timeframe.

And I believe that should do the trick for you.

- Earl

Brett Evans May 8, 2018

This was my understanding also but this appears to work on the scope report but not the schedule report. I was not sure if this was a bug or if this was by design.

This is also the same in the scope view, the bar does not appear in the top section but will appear in the lower section.

I suspect this is because once an item has a status category of done the scheduled start and end dates are no longer calculated looking at the scope view. 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Hi Brett,

That is correct and by Design, Issues that do not have work to be done cannot be scheduled so they do not show up in the timeline or schedule view, and we have the following Feature requests that all tie together on this functionality:

First and the most relevant to your specific concern:

The Following have related functionality:

Make sure to add your vote to the Feature Suggestions that  you would like to see implemented to help us track continued interest and prioritize the new features as covered in the Implementation of New Features Policy

-Earl

Like Chetan Vasuki likes this
Brett Evans May 9, 2018

If this is by design then its probably a design oversight to leave the ability to apply a filter to the scheduling report that says to show both open and closed issues and to show closed issues since. Neither of these will impact what is shown in this report and make it appear as broken rather than as by design.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events