Using Advanced Roadmaps to automatically schedule start and end dates based on estimated hours

Chloe P May 17, 2023

Hi,

I’m new to using Jira Advanced Roadmaps and I’ve looked through documentation however I haven’t found the answer I'm looking for and hoping someone may be able to help me.

I have a plan that will be open to everyone and I want users to be able to create tasks but not fill in a start or due date field, rather an estimated hours for how long it will take to complete and have Jira automatically schedule the dates so that the start date is immediately after the previous task and the end date is based on the estimated hours to complete taking into account the teams weekly capacity. This means each task someone creates is automatically scheduled one after the other.

I know the scheduling assistant can help with certain parts of this but from what I’ve read it still seems to be based on dates that you input yourself rather than Jira figuring that out for you.

Hope that makes sense!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chloe

1 answer

0 votes
James Godbold February 26, 2024

I've just started playing with this plugin as I have the same issue. From what I can see there is no option to put effort against an issue. 

I'm certain the old version of Jira roadmaps had this functionality, bit of a shame to see it's been removed. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220860/activity-timeline-resource-planning-time-tracking?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events