• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use Release date as due date in advanced roadmaps

When an issue is planned for a release/version; can the release date be considered as due date/target date in portfolio?

Or is there an easy method to sync the due date with release date?

Thanks in advance, and regards,

Hans

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

@Hans Meijer  , i was in the same situation and what i did was - using the scriptrunner's scriptlistener, i scripted that when ever a ticket in the project is edited, copy the 'custom date' field to 'target end date'.

Thanks @Fazila Ashraf 

Where does the "custom date" come from?

Thanks again, and regards,

Hans

Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Jan 28, 2021

@Hans Meijer  , in your case it is duedate but in my project, there was date custom field that the project team was already using to mark the end date. It was that i had copied over

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Atlassian Team Jan 27, 2021

Hey @Hans Meijer ,

There is some light coupling between release date and issue end date - although admittedly not in the way that you're describing. If an issue is assigned to a release and its end date is set after the release date then the release will be shown as off track. Unfortunately the issue in question is not displayed differently and the end date is not applied.

We have actually done some experimentation with inferring issue dates from release dates (as is also possible with sprints) but are not yet committed to making that change at the present time - however, this does sound like it would do what you want, except that the dates would only be visible in the plan and not persisted to the issues (which I'm guessing you wouldn't want).

I think that the suggestion that @Fazila Ashraf is an interesting one and it might be possible with the automation features that also come with Jira Premium (if you're using our Cloud platform - you've not tagged this question with Cloud or Server so I can't tell!)

Regards,

Dave

Thanks @Dave We are using the server version.

Indeed, i would only want it to be visible in the plan, and not persisted in the issue.

Can i subscribe to an issue to be notified, if such functionality becomes available?

Regards,

Hans

Dave Atlassian Team Jan 31, 2021

Hi @Hans Meijer ,

Unfortunately there is no specific issue at the moment because we're not actually sure if we're going to take those prototypes any further or if they're going to become part of something else, therefore we've not raised an issue that could be tracked yet.

Regards,

Dave

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

Introducing Advanced Roadmap’s new dependency report

To see this feature in action check out our recent dependencies demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5VsUqyZA Keeping on top of your dependencies is a key part of ensuring project success....

1,732 views 12 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you