You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
Recently we have made the following changes to our Jira server:
The changes made were successfully implemented. However, since then we have been experiencing weird behaviour with Issue Navigator.
The Issue Navigator is unreliably executing queries. It is returning random and inconsistent amount of results.
The following two images are 3 seconds apart and I can assure you that no changes have been to any of the issues involved in this query. This is only one example of many.
We are suspecting this is related to caching mechanism
as the issue starts occurring about 30 minutes after every server restart. And the only "timer" we have set up is the cache expiration period (30 minutes).
We are currently trying to remove
usage, but we would very much rather fix the caching mechanism instead of tossing it aside.
Is there a known bug that relates to our issue?
Any help and ideas from the community are very welcome.
It looks like something is going on with the images you linked from the external site, and they are not showing up for us. Can you try uploading them in your comment directly so we can take a look, this can be done via the camera icon in the comment box and when you drag'n'drop the image into the popup, use the Upload tab rather than the URL tab, and upload the images as a png or jpeg.
But from the behavior you are describing it does sound like a caching issues on the surface so I would say you are on the right track for troubleshooting
A method to verify if this is cache corruption is to purge the add-on and application caching from the server filesystem with a restart and lock and re-index after the restart. This will give you a purge and full rebuild on any caching on the app's, the bundled plugins, and the application, Noting that if this is a large production site a full lock and re-index will lock out all users until the index rebuild is complete so if a manual re-index takes a while to complete make sure to schedule downtime accordingly, the method to accomplish this is:
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.