Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see all of my Done issues in Advanced Roadmaps

Stephen Sayler July 29, 2020

I have spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting this, and have ruled out fixVersion (all stories have it) and Roadmaps' date filters. 

I believe what is happening is that my company's (admittedly non-standard) workflow has three levels of done: Client Review, Ready for Deployment, and Done. 

Roadmaps appears to only see the stories that are Done, and completely ignores Client Review and Ready for Deployment stories. They literally disappear from the plan for two steps of our workflow before popping up again. 

Can this problem be confirmed & addressed? I'm advocating to change our workflow, however if Jira allows 3 different types of Done, then Roadmaps should respect that, and I see this as a Roadmaps bug.

Thanks!  

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi Stephen

Sorry to hear you're having problems with issues disappearing from the plan. 

We've seen this happening with a few customers and it's usually caused by the custom workflow not setting "resolution" field, when transitioning to a "Done" status. 

You can test this by looking next to the "Done" status in the issue view in Jira. If it has a green tick next to it, then the resolution is set. If it's blank then the resolution is not set.

If the resolution is not being set, Advanced Roadmaps is unable to know when an issue has been resolved so it will remove these issues from the plan (ignoring the setting for "include completed issues for x days", as this is based on "Resolution", not "Done").

To fix this, you'll need to add a post function to your custom workflow on the transition that leads to "Done" status to set the resolution field. Also don't forget to add a post function to unset the resolution when transitioning back from a "Done" status too.

There's more information on this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Hope this helps

Stephen Sayler August 3, 2020

Mark,

Thanks for the info re: root cause - it does appear that my missing issues have no resolution set, which is causing them to elude Advanced Roadmaps. 

I created a test issue and tried editing the resolution via bulk edit, but it seems it's not possible to edit the field directly without using a transition. Not knowing all the ramifications of playing with the resolution field, I hesitate to change our workflow at this time, because that will impact all of our issues in progress.

I'm sure there's a way to test this without impacting our real work issues, but I lack the Jira admin experience and time to figure it out. Instead, I'll review the prototype solution that Amy offered to share, which will hopefully fix this situation in a future release. 

Thanks, Stephen 

0 votes
Answer accepted
AmyConnell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020
Hi Stephen,

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and understand the difficulties associated with missing issues in Advanced Roadmaps. 
I would be interested to learn about the problem you experienced, and also share a prototype solution that might help future occurrences of this problem.

I would love to set up a time to chat, show you a prototype and get your thoughts.

Upon completing a call, you will receive a thank you gift for your time ($100 USD Amazon gift card).

If you or one of your team members are up for it, please use this link to schedule a 45 minute time slot with me.

Thanks so much.
Regards,
Amy
0 votes
Sarah July 29, 2020

Hi Stephen

Under configuration settings > Issue Sources you can set 'completed issues' to display for a time period, try that and see if that fixes it.

Mine defaults to 30 days.

Stephen Sayler July 29, 2020

Unfortunately this setting does not help in my situation. I'm using the same 30 day period, and these issues are within the window. 

Indeed, the only action required to make them reappear in my roadmap is to transition from one of the two affected Done sub-statuses (Client Review or Ready for Deployment) to Done. 

Sarah July 29, 2020

Bugger, is client review and ready for deployment resolution done or unresolved?

Stephen Sayler August 3, 2020

Unresolved

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events