Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tempo Timesheet -v9.3

Josie Hoffman September 11, 2019

Hi all,

In Tempo Timesheet v8 server version, you are able to perform the following planning functions: 

• Timesheet Cell Planning, 
  • in-line Edit window, 
  • Period Planning,
  • and planning in Advanced Timesheet

Does anyone know:

1) Can you perform these same functions in Tempo Timesheet 9.3 server version?

2) How do you perform these functions in Tempo Timesheet 9.3 server version?

3) If you can't, is there an alternative? Can you do team planning for your entire team in one view in stead of doing it individual windows?

4) Are there any training material on Tempo Timesheet 9.3 server version? I've only been able to find training on v8.x and so far I am having difficulty matching the features in v9.3 to the features outlined in v8

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Hi Josie,

On Tempo Timesheets 9.x the planning features were transferred to Tempo Planner. It's possible to plan for yourself in Timesheets, but it's no longer possible to plan for others or for the team. These features are now part of Tempo Planner.

In Tempo Planner you can plan for your entire team in the Team Planning Timeline, either by creating a plan on team level or plans on users' levels. You can also plan in the Resource Planning view.

You can find all our documentation for Tempo Timesheets 9.x, including some tutorials, here.

If there's something else you need our help with, our support team is available to answer all your questions and doubts. You can find us through our support portal.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate in contacting us.

Best regards,

Flora

Tempo Support

Josie Hoffman September 12, 2019

@Tempo Support Thank you so much for your help with this. Do you know if there are any Jira core functions that can assist with team planning or capacity planning? out Enterprise IT department is currently freezing all jira plugin integrations while they move all of the instances over to data center so getting the Tempo Planner module is out of the queston until late Q2 of 2020.

My team is different from the rest of the business as we don't work in sprints so we need other capabilitiies for planning capacity and velocity. We have Tempo Timesheet v9 and were super excited and the possibility of being able to use it for planning when we say all of the planning features in Timesheet v8. 

Is there a native or core feature that you can recommend that's already available within Jira that we can use? I know of 'Worklog' but I don't know if that can be used for strategic planning.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events