Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams filter within Portfolio

romain bonnet July 13, 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the current behaviour within Portfolio but have a lot of difficulties. I've a very simple plan based on a single Scrum board TEAM THM (just to highlight the issue, maybe not realistic). This board is based on a JIRA project (filter of the board is: project = THM AND issuetype in (Epic, "Technical story", "Defect story", "User story",task)). Starting from that i take a look at Portfolio:

• If i filter the items by epic and selecting the THM project i get 35 epics,
  • If i filter the items by epic and selecting the THM Team i get 18 epics,

I'm expecting to have the same numbers, any ideas why there is a difference?

Thank you for any help :)!

Romain

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2018

Hi Romain,

In scope view of your Portfolio Plan and at Epic level, make sure you can see the Team column. I would guess 17 of your epics are not assigned to the THM Team.

romain bonnet July 15, 2018

Hi Walter,

Yes sure it's the case. So if i get this correctly the "Team" (or "assigned team"?) field should be visible and correctly set in any of our JIRA items (for now this is not the case)? My concern is that for me the notion of "Team" in Portfolio was associated to the selected board (when looking at the "Team" name it seems to really be the case) and not a JIRA field. While looking at an Epic history with and without "Team" visible in Portfolio i don't see any specific line related to that. Note that I just don't know why in some case it was correctly set

Should this association between items and teams be done through Portfolio? Note that all the "done" items are not associated to the "team", this is quite surprising.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2018

Hi @romain bonnet,

Your Team filter inside Portfolio is based on the Portfolio Team field. So yes, the association should be there.

If your Teams are shared teams, it will be possible to assign issues to teams from within Jira as well (see documentation for more info), but by default you would do the assignment from inside Portfolio.

Finally, something worth checking is whether your Team THM is associated with the Team THM scrum board in your Portfolio Plan. This would normally automatically link the team to the issues from your board. This is, however, an automatic assignment in Portfolio, which you can see from the light blue background color of the Team field in Portfolio. If you set a Team manually, the field will show against a white background and the change will be committed into Jira as well.

romain bonnet July 16, 2018

Ok i will see few stuff with my JIRA admin and come back to you.

romain bonnet July 26, 2018

I did few modifications:

• I have a THM project
  • I have a "All THM issues" board based on the very simple filter: project = "THM" ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • I use this board as an input for Portfolio.
  • "THM" team is associated to All THM issues" board in Portfolio,
  • In portfolio if I filter the information by project (THM here then):
    • i don't get the same number of items compared to an usual "search for issues" (i take care of the "completed" date->20/11/1990, before the start of our activities so should be ok and consider all the statuses)
    • only few issues seen in Portfolio have the "THM teams" in the column "Team" which is quite weird since should be automatically set from what i understand.

What i see is a bug or am i doing something completely wrong?

Matthew Murphy January 10, 2020

Did you ever have resolution with this issue?  We are experiencing the same issue.

romain bonnet January 13, 2020

Hi Matthew,

I don't get a clear explanation on this topic, still puzzling....

Deleted user February 11, 2020

only few issues seen in Portfolio have the "THM teams" in the column "Team" which is quite weird since should be automatically set from what i understand.

I believe you still need to associate these issues with the team, as the board doesn't automatically populate the Teams field for its issues with the team associated with the board in Portfolio.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events