Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team capacity when Issues are removed from Advanced Roadmaps plan?

Jennifer Mancke May 12, 2021

I am curious if you remove issues from a plan that have remaining estimates and a Team assigned, will team capacity free up? Or will these removed issues still count against capacity?

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Team capacity is linked to the sprint, via the Board that the sprint is in being referenced as the issue source for the shared team (at least that is how it is on Cloud). So, the best way to free up the capacity is to remove from the sprint (as it is the sprint capacity that is being visualized)

I'm not sure if removing from the plan would make any difference, perhaps removing from the shared team would (as that is where the board is referenced as the issue source), but how the Board (where the sprints are) is filtered could also limit on how certain moves would work (or not)

For instance, if the board is filtered by the team, then removing the team, would remove the Story from the Board and the plan, but if you don't remove the sprint it will still be considered part of the sprint and I suspect would still count towards the capacity.

best bet, experiment with each option and monitor to see what the impacts are based on how your Board/s and Plan/s are set-up.

I'd be keen to hear the results.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events