Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team capacity is not affected by individual absences?

Thomas August 7, 2020

Actually the individual absences are not affecting the team capacity anymore like it was in the previous version of Portfolio/Roadmap. I do understand the idea of velocity in a long term consideration, as you mentioned in the blog article here:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/What-s-changing-with-Advanced-Roadmaps-formerly-Portfolio-for/ba-p/1370196

But I am really interested to gain the insight if a majority of my team is having a vaccation in the next couple of weeks, or maybe at a specific release date. 

Are there any plans that the capacity feature would be extended? For me as a team manager this would be very helpful.

4 answers

3 votes
Chad Nuesmeyer November 30, 2020

@Ofir Zeevi - Any update on this?

The ability to log scheduled time-off and forecast velocity implications accordingly is very important to our use case. Thanks.

0 votes
Thomas December 7, 2020
0 votes
Nico Plock December 7, 2020

*bump*

0 votes
Ofir Zeevi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to add this thoughtful question. I can completely understand the need to adjust the teams capacity/velocity for a specific sprint when team members are unavailable.

We're currently planning to add the ability to adjust your team's velocity for a given sprint that has been created in Jira - it's on the roadmap! I hope that helps :) 

Thomas September 3, 2020

Hey Ofir,

Thanks the honest answer! I guess you can't forecast a day of shipment for this feature to the jira cloud edition, do you?

Maybe it would be helpful to have a roadmap at Atlassian with the absence/capacity information of your development team ;-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events