Team/Member not being filled until the issue is estimated

Stephen Letch May 1, 2018

Hi

We have some odd behaviour in our Portfolio plan

I have my teams set up, their hours in, and the tickets have assignees at the Jira end. My assignee import level is set to Story and my issue source for the team is correct.

It appears that only issues with an estimate will auto fill the team and members (be aware I dont mean push the member to the assignee field in Jira), is it not possible to have this ability with unestimated issues? Or is this feature purely to support capacity view.

Additionally, the assignee import level, when it says 'up to and including' I assume this means it starts at the bottom (sub-tasks) and goes upwards?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your comment and this comes down to the calculation requirements for un-estimated issues, overall this is not clearly defined in the Mapping issue assignees to team members documentation, so I put together the following Documentation update request to provide the required details.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2321

Please check out the request as it provides additional details on the calculation requirements, but as you notes a estimate is needed for the calculation to complete and pull in the assignee with a couple variables

Stephen Letch May 3, 2018

Hi

I would also like members assigned in the plan to accurately reflect who's already assigned to the ticket and not fill the field based on availability as it just provides a very innacurate view of responsibilities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events