Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEAM field support in automation

Roei Soudai February 6, 2021

After upgrading to Premium, mainly for Teams support, I was thinking this option will be part of any basic functionality.

In issue filtering without any special JQL query or in Automation which I can`t find it.

Is there any option to change the assignee once the Team field is changing?

3 answers

3 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Have you (or your Admin) made the team field visible in Jira? if not, then it is not going to be visible (as @Joseph Chung Yin suggests).

But it can be made visible in Jira and used in JQL/Board filter queries etc.

At this stage though, the Team field and the assignee are not linked in any meaningful way..as in, you can still assign a jira issue to someone who is not considered a member of that team.

Have a read of this: Managing shared teams | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

and this Managing teams | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

0 votes
wwalser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

Hi Roei,

Automation team member here 👋. The Team field is very new as with most features in premium. You are correct that the team field is not available in automation at the moment.

However, to your question:

Is there any option to change the assignee once the Team field is changing?

Someone is actively working on this ticket right now https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2131. I'm not technically supposed to give estimates, but… this should be in production in the next 48 hours. 

Cheers,
Wes

Josh McManus April 20, 2021

So I'm trying to work around the lack of Dashboard Gadget and Confluence Filter support for the Team field, and the best method I could come up with is using Automation to synchronize the field we previously used for Team assignment and people can use that field for filters/dashboards/etc. However, since I don't have access to the Team field as a trigger, my only option is having the trigger be set on Issue Update or Issue Create...and this is now causing my automation to run too frequently on my instance. Do you have any suggestions for my situation?

Screenshot_2021-04-20 Project automation - JIRA for AVID Engineering.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

You could run it on a schedule trigger...not real time, but contains the frequency

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

@Roei Soudai -

Hi Roei:

Team concept only lives in Advanced Roadmaps plan and doesn't push back to your Jira issue, therefore you cannot conduct Team filtering outside of your plan.

In your plan, you can apply Team Filtering or you can expose the Team column for your plan.  Changing assignee has nothing to deal with changes in the Team field.

2021-02-07_16-32-58.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

I'd just like to correct you on your response here if I may...

The "Team" field does exist in outside of Advanced Roadmaps, however you'll need to configure your issue screens to show it.

You also need to share your team (from the "Teams" tab) in Advanced Roadmaps in order for the Team name to be visible on the issue details page (otherwise it just says "Plan specific team").

Once you've shared a Team you can then add it to other plans (although unfortunately it doesn't keep metadata like members, team type, velocity, etc) in sync across plans.

You can also create JQL filters that use Shared Teams. We actually create Shared Teams for all our teams and then create filters for each team and create a board per team so each team has it's own backlog that is a subset of the work in the project assigned to that team.

We are currently looking at providing support for the cross-product teams concept (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-products-976161199.html ) but it's not at a point where I can give any more information about it other than to say we're looking into it.

I hope this helps clarifies how teams currently work with Advanced Roadmaps and the rest of Jira,

Regards,
Dave

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2021

Thanks @Dave for your correction/information.  This is something new to me.  Really appreciate your valuable insights.

Best, Joseph 

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2021

No worries @Joseph Chung Yin - this does seem to be a relatively common source of confusion and we're looking at ways to address this. 

Regards,

Dave 

NadiaV May 19, 2022

Hi,

so if i want to change assignee based on team it is not possible? 

Like pawlarius likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events