• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

TEAM field support in automation

After upgrading to Premium, mainly for Teams support, I was thinking this option will be part of any basic functionality.

In issue filtering without any special JQL query or in Automation which I can`t find it.

Is there any option to change the assignee once the Team field is changing?

3 answers

Have you (or your Admin) made the team field visible in Jira? if not, then it is not going to be visible (as @Joseph Chung Yin suggests).

But it can be made visible in Jira and used in JQL/Board filter queries etc.

At this stage though, the Team field and the assignee are not linked in any meaningful way..as in, you can still assign a jira issue to someone who is not considered a member of that team.

Have a read of this: Managing shared teams | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

and this Managing teams | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

@Roei Soudai -

Hi Roei:

Team concept only lives in Advanced Roadmaps plan and doesn't push back to your Jira issue, therefore you cannot conduct Team filtering outside of your plan.

In your plan, you can apply Team Filtering or you can expose the Team column for your plan.  Changing assignee has nothing to deal with changes in the Team field.

2021-02-07_16-32-58.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Dave Atlassian Team Feb 08, 2021

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin ,

I'd just like to correct you on your response here if I may...

The "Team" field does exist in outside of Advanced Roadmaps, however you'll need to configure your issue screens to show it.

You also need to share your team (from the "Teams" tab) in Advanced Roadmaps in order for the Team name to be visible on the issue details page (otherwise it just says "Plan specific team").

Once you've shared a Team you can then add it to other plans (although unfortunately it doesn't keep metadata like members, team type, velocity, etc) in sync across plans.

You can also create JQL filters that use Shared Teams. We actually create Shared Teams for all our teams and then create filters for each team and create a board per team so each team has it's own backlog that is a subset of the work in the project assigned to that team.

We are currently looking at providing support for the cross-product teams concept (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-products-976161199.html ) but it's not at a point where I can give any more information about it other than to say we're looking into it.

I hope this helps clarifies how teams currently work with Advanced Roadmaps and the rest of Jira,

Regards,
Dave

Like Curt Holley likes this

Thanks @Dave for your correction/information.  This is something new to me.  Really appreciate your valuable insights.

Best, Joseph 

Like Dave likes this
Dave Atlassian Team Feb 09, 2021

No worries @Joseph Chung Yin - this does seem to be a relatively common source of confusion and we're looking at ways to address this. 

Regards,

Dave 

0 votes
wwalser Atlassian Team Feb 10, 2021

Hi Roei,

Automation team member here 👋. The Team field is very new as with most features in premium. You are correct that the team field is not available in automation at the moment.

However, to your question:

Is there any option to change the assignee once the Team field is changing?

Someone is actively working on this ticket right now https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2131. I'm not technically supposed to give estimates, but… this should be in production in the next 48 hours. 

Cheers,
Wes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

751 views 12 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you