Story points roll up

Hiti Verma October 11, 2022

Hi,

I created a story and subtasks under the story. My team added task-level story points. Is there a way to automatically calculate the total story points of this story?

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2022

Hi @Hiti Verma

This can be done in Advanced Roadmaps using the "roll-up" feature! Please try selecting "View Settings" in the top left of your plan, then checking the "Others" box in the "Roll-up" section.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 09.58.13.png

From there, you'll be able to see on your roadmap view the sum of all your sub-task story points rolled up to the story issue I've included a screenshot of what it should look like below - you can see the arrow pointing to the "8" indicates that it's a roll-up value. Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 09.58.30.png

Let me know if you have any trouble getting that set up and I'd be happy to help out!

Cheers,

Daniel

Edwin Meijer June 1, 2023

If I were to use the "View Settings" and enable groups based on labels... is there a way to roll up the story points to these groups?

Currently, Advanced Roadmaps only rolls up story points to the highest issue type in the hierarchy, but not to groups.

For example, I have labeled some features tickets with a label and configured my View Settings in Advanced Roadmap, and any feature that has a certain label is grouped as  "Core Platform":

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 4.49.35 PM.png

Like # people like this
Edwin Meijer June 1, 2023

My current workaround is to export the data and perform the rollup in a spreadsheet, but this is suboptimal...

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hello @Hiti Verma -

This is a popular request that can be solved with minware. Our tool offers unique groupings and provides aggregate metrics for the tickets in that group:

1. Story Point Estimates

2. Dev Days

3. Total Tickets

all_tickets_flow.png

There may be a way to achieve this natively but I wanted to present this as an option as it is a frequent request. I hope you find what you are looking for and please let me know if we can help. 

Edit: make sure to see @Daniel Capizzi 's answer!

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2023

@Edwin Meijer - hope all is well! Saw your second post to Daniel and that's something we can definitely help with in minware. Let me know if you want to chat!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events