Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Points and Estimates (H) field

Shiau Chin Teo April 27, 2022

Hi All,

I am using 'Story Points' as estimation in my Jira board.  

I am exploring in Advanced Jira Roadmap the field 'Estimate (H)' which seems to be converted automatically based on story points entered for issue type.  Is there such setup and if yes how can i see that conversion/relationship?  If not what is the relationship between Story Points and Estimates (H) fields.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Shiau Chin Teo -

Welcome to the community.  In the old AR for Jira interface UI, you have the ability to define the your own SP to Hr exchange table, however in the new AR for Jira this function has been removed.  I believe the main reason is "story points are not hours."

It is not simply a calculation of 1 SP to multiple of hours.  Example, some team's 1 SP can be 8 hours, but another team's 1 SP is 16 hours of work.

I am not aware of any existing backend calculation of automatically converting SPs into Hrs against AR for Jira plan by the add-on since that concept has been removed from the app.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Shiau Chin Teo April 28, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin , @Pramodh M 

Thanks for your reply. 

As we are not using the Estimate (H) in Jira and in the Advanced Jira Roadmap, the Estimate (H) field seems to be populated with an exchange pattern based on Story Points, that's why the question.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

@Shiau Chin Teo -

You can check your issues (showing in your plan) to see if they also have Time Tracking information related fields enabled and populated.  This is why you are seeing data in the plan when you selected the Estimate (H) option in your plan.

You can simply just change the option back to Story Point option in your plan, thus disregards anything with Estimate (H) option since you are not using it.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

Hi @Shiau Chin Teo 

Welcome to the community 🙂

Story Points in Jira is Story Points in Roadmap

Remaining Estimate in Jira is Estimate (H) in Roadmap

There is no relation between them

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events