• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

'Story Points' Estimation option is always disable to Configure

Hello Experts,

My issue source is multiple project boards. Only one of them was Kanban board, which I removed.

However, Story Points option is still disabled under Configure -> Scheduling -> Estimation.

While hovering, I am seeing "Story Points are unavailable when using Kanban teams."

What's wrong here? For heads-up

1. Some of the project boards don't have assigned Release, Sprints and hence story points.

2 answers

1 vote
Roi Fine Atlassian Team Jan 04, 2021

Hi team,

I just checked it. You'll need to delete/remove the kanban teams from the plan, and also save that change to Jira. You'd be able to select story points in the plan config.

I hope that helps,

Roi

Okay. One more finding..

So, one of the Projects had both Kanban and Scrum boards. Since, Kanban board was not in use, I deleted it.

Now, when I created a new plan with Scrum board of that project, I can see, Story Points Estimates enabled. However, it is still disabled on old plan.

Is it a bug or works like this?

The story points option is disabled when a team is set as a Kanban team, it isn't that the board you are using as a issue source happens to be a kanban board.

Go to the Teams section of the Plan and ensure all in scope teams are set up as Scrum (even if it is a team created by the Plan from a kanban board). Once you do this, the Story point option will be enabled.

If you hover over the disabled story point option it will tell you " Story points are unavailable when using kanban teams"

Like Dave likes this

Thanks. However, if you read my both observations thoroughly, I have mentioned that

1. I've already deleted the Kanban board from the team.

2. After this, when I created new plan, it works fine (Story point enabled), but not in existing one.

FYI. Both new and old plans now have exactly same Scrum teams. So the question is, ow is it working for new plan and not for old?

Same here. Both teams are Scrum in my plan, and still I can't enable Story points

Yuliia, Does one of your projects has Kanban board also? In that case also you won't see the option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

Introducing Advanced Roadmap’s new dependency report

To see this feature in action check out our recent dependencies demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu5VsUqyZA Keeping on top of your dependencies is a key part of ensuring project success....

1,746 views 12 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you