Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories not appearing in plans

Vinod Sivadasan November 5, 2021

Hierarchy in plan - Epic, Feature, Story & Sub-task

Created a plan using 1 board and 3 filters - 

1. Board -

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("issueFunction in portfolioChildrenOf('key = epic-480')") AND project = "Business Impact" OR issueFunction in portfolioChildrenOf("key = epic-480") AND resolution = unresolved OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("issueFunction in issuesInEpics(\"issueFunction in portfolioChildrenOf('key = epic-480')\") AND project = \"Business Impact\"") ORDER BY Rank ASC

2. Filter 1 - (Returns Epic)

project = Epic AND key = epic-480

3. Filter 2 - (Returns Features under Epic)

issueFunction in portfolioChildrenOf("filter = 'Epic-480'") AND issuetype = Epic AND status not in (Rejected)

4. Filter 3 - (Returns Stories under Feature)

issuefunction in issuesInEpics("filter = 'Epic-480 Feat'") AND status not in (Rejected)

Problem - All the above mentioned filters are returning issues. But the plan only shows Epic and Features and not stories. Also the same appears when all the above are selected as sources in the scope of the plan. But if we select only Filter 3 as source, then it is displaying the stories.

Finding - All features appear to have Fix Version as released but the stories under them are still open.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2021

Hi @Vinod Sivadasan and welcome to the Community!

I noticed this question is already a couple of weeks old and was unanswered. So hopefully you have already managed to find a fix.

If not, I noticed you use several references to portfolioChildrenOf in your filters. If I am not mistaken, that function requires your issues to be in a plan already to be returned. If you - at the same time - try to get issues inside your plan, I don't think it is that weird if they don't appear there.

Without knowing what your data looks like, I think you need to find a different way to fetch the data for your filters. Just a wild guess on how you might approach this:

"Epic Link" = EPIC-480 AND Status != Rejected

would fetch all child issues of Epic-480 that have not been rejected. 

issuefunction in subtasksOf("'Epic Link' = EPIC-480 AND Status != Rejected")

would fetch all subtasks of those same child issues.

And so the following statement would extract EPIC-480 as well as all child issues:

Key = EPPIC-480 OR ("Epic Link" = EPIC-480 AND Status != Rejected) OR issuefunction in subtasksOf("'Epic Link' = EPIC-480 AND Status != Rejected")

That may already help in collecting all the issues you want to pull in your plan. Besides that, the hierarchy you mention in your plan appears strange to me. You mention Epic > Feature > Story > Sub-task. That does not seem possible, as the lowest tiers of the hierarchy should always be: Epic > Story > Sub-task. You cannot insert a hierarchy level in between Epics and Sories.

So regarding that last part, do check your Advanced Roadmaps hierachy configuration. You can add levels to the hierarchy above epics, but not below.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events