Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show several hierarchy levels in Schedule

Phil January 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

we have a Saga-Epic-Story structure in our project.

Is it possible to choose "Saga" as a hierarchy level and then seeing the inherent Epics and Stories in the schedule?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Phil

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Hi Phil,

In the Live Plan View no, only the current hierarchy level is going to be displayed  in the schedule roadmap timeline section,  You can expand the issues in the Scope section to see additional details of the hierarchy but the Schedule will still display the currently selected hierarchy. 

But in the Portfolio New Experience you can expand from the top initiative down through the full hierarchy and have the issues displayed in the roadmap schedule timeline.

I would recommend switching to the new experience view to check it out, and you can switch back to the current view at any point, additional details on the changes can be seen at the link below, but no note the New experience is still rolling out and still has a few missing features such as the reporting covered in more detail in the changes:

Regards,
Earl

Phil January 24, 2019

Hi Earl,

thank for your answer.

At the moment, we can't use Portfolio New Experience but maybe in the future.

Now, I am experiencing that Portfolio shows (for an unknown reason) more than one hierarchie level in the schedule as well as the target schedule. Although in the Scope-table below, only User Stories are shown, we find Sagas and Stories in the Schedule. Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks and regards

Phil

Phil February 1, 2019

Hi Earl,

I think I found the reason why several hierarchy levels are shown in the schedule.

Changig to the Epics hierarchy shows all scheduled Epics + scheduled Sagas that have no child issues (such as Epics). Did you experience the same?

Regards,

Philipp

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events