Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show ONLY cross project dependencies in Advanced Roadmaps

scott_gray November 28, 2022

Good morning, Community!

We have been using JIRA for a while now (several years) but only started dipping our toes into Advanced Roadmaps/Plans. The project managers are really intrigued by the dependency report as a replacement for our project board. We use our own version of SAFE with a train made up of several JIRA projects. I've created a sandbox plan to try and set it up to meet our needs but I'm running into a few challenges I was hoping to get some input on:

Need the plan to do:

1. Filter (or Display) only cross project dependencies
  2. Show Target Dates on the roadmap tab based on sprint start/end dates

Work to date:

1. Created a component for issues that have cross project dependencies and created a plan based on a filter that includes only these issues but it does not show start/end dates based on sprint. Research shows this is because the plan is not based on agile projects/boards but filter
  2. Created a plan using all of the projects that are on the Train. This shows issues with start/end dates but also show all issues with dependencies both those within a project and those with cross project dependencies. This made it difficult for project managers to track what was needed from other teams.

Any suggestions/input would be helpful!

~Scott

1 answer

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @scott_gray - 

If you are open to working with a 3rd party we recently launched a Predictive Roadmap in minware that you might find useful. Here you can see projected capacity based on assigned tasks:

minware capacity.png

We then estimate completion dates for projects and consider resource dependencies based on priority - you can also see milestones over each timeline for things like Start/End Dates, Comments, Status Changes, etc:

minware capacity_epic.png

We would be happy to incorporate your feedback if this doesn't give you exactly what you need - our back-end is secure and fully functional so we can turn out an iteration pretty quickly. Good luck and let me know if we can help. 

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hey @scott_gray hope all is well! Curious if you were able to solve for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events