Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared project

Another agile delivery person October 17, 2019

Hi All,

I have a project that is shared between 2 teams, what is the best way to configure each teams board to just show the sprints and backlogs that are relevant to each team, I guess this has to be done via portfolio as you can't (I don't think) assign issues to teams within Jira itself?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Another agile delivery person 

You can create two user groups in Jira for each team and add the members to it.
If you are assigning the issues to any of the team member while creating the issue, you can create two separate boards for the teams using filter below. Else create a single board, and use quick filters to identify the team issues.

assignee in membersOf("<group-name>")

Another approach is to use a custom field to hold the team name while creating the issue and use it to filter out the team issues.

Another agile delivery person October 17, 2019

Thanks for the reply,  it is appreciated, unfortunately in the context of portfolio I don't think those ideas will work. 

We don't assign work to individuals, we assign it to teams in portfolio. Therefore we can't use custom fields or quick filters as portfolio won't understand those.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events