Seeing start date in Jira

manas Sahoo January 25, 2021

Hi, 

I am setting a start date and due date for all stories in advanced roadmap and I can see the due date field in the jira if I go to the story, but not the start date. I do not even see the start date as a field if I go in edit mode. Am I missing something here ?

KInd regards

Manas

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hi @manas Sahoo ,

If the start date field is not present on the issue details view then it might be necessary for you to configure the "screen" for the issue types. Under the fields sidebar on the right hand side you should see a "Configure" option that will open a new page that allows you to add fields to the issue view.

Regards,

Dave

Sahoo Manas (SEIT) January 27, 2021

Thanks Dave, I may have to ask my admin team for this. Does Atlassian have a documentation on what all jira setups should be done to use roadmap feature effectively ? I can share the link with the team.

Like Dave likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hello @manas Sahoo ,

We publish all the documentation for the capabilities and configurations of each product, and the following link is the base page for Advanced Roadmaps, both the Cloud and Data Center version

The page contains Documentation, product demos, case studies on various use cases, and links to the Atlassian University for additional training courses available for advanced learning and certifications on the product. 

Regards,
Earl

Dave
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2021

Thanks for sharing that link @Earl McCutcheon - definitely useful for all things Advanced Roadmaps related, but I think that @Sahoo Manas (SEIT)  probably needs this documentation relating specifically to issue field configuration (which is not part of the Advanced Roadmaps documentation): https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/

Regards,

Dave

Like Mark Wilgus likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events