Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for a Time Tracker with Start / End Time

Deleted user December 2, 2019

Hi,

i searched now for at least 2 weeks for a Product in the Atlassian Marketplace that suits my needs but havent been able to finde one.

Im searching for a Time Tracker that is able to create a report with the exact Start / End Time, like this:

Description      Assignee      Start time       End time       Total hours
Issue 6             James          8:00AM          10:00AM        2

I found a lot of forum post about that subject, so im definitly not the only one searching for such a solution. Is there still nothing out there able to do that? 

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

When you say the exact Start / End time, how is this calculated?

There's a few ways this could be captured:

• Time tracking with more management power / start-stop buttons - which might be aided by apps such as TMetric or Timetracker
  • Start / End times based on status transitions (eg. the date time it moves from New > In Progress and then from In Progress > Done) - where data from an app such as Time in Status might help
  • A more expansive timesheet app which can get detailed reports - such as Tempo

Depending on how you set start / end date, there be other alternatives to give you greater customisation on how this works for you.

When it comes to apps, you get a free trial with each - I'd suggest installing those you think might work and giving them a try to find the one best suited to your scenario.

If none of these match your needs, let us know more specifics about how these dates are calculated so we can suggest other options :)

Ste

Deleted user December 2, 2019

we tried out Tempo timesheet, but it wount let us create a report with exact Start / End Time.

The calculation is not the important part. Start-Stop button is nice to have, but if there is a solution where you manually put in the Start / End Time directly in the issue view that would also work. The important thing is that we put in the time we were working on an issue directly in the issue view and that the Report shows that exact Start / End time and not only the Hours worked on that issue.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill look if the other ones fit with our needs :)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

From a manual stand-point, have you tried using a custom field like "Date Time Picker" - then you could enter the specific start and end times.

You could then use a custom field from an app such as Misc Custom Fields to calculate the time in hours / minutes for a third custom field.

Ste

Deleted user December 4, 2019

the suggested apps you had in you first post, doesnt fit our needs. We definitly need something we can manage directly in the issue view.

I will look if the manual way is easy to use for us.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

Let us know how it goes :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events