Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolled up story point value counting issues not included in the filter

Bridgette Gigi September 28, 2022

I have an Epic which spans a few fixVersions. In my plan/scenario I am filtering on a single release, 1.12. The issues in the listing have no story points, but the Epic is still showing 3 rolled up points (the 3 points are from v1.11). I have tried grouping by everything, nothing changes it. 

Ideally I would see "0" so that I can know exactly how many points total are committed in this version 1.11. 

Attaching a few images to show my view, filters and settings.

Epic TEST-698

v1.11

TEST-0 (3 points, "done")

v1.12

TEST-1 (0 points)

TEST-2 (0 points)

TEST-3 (0 points)

TEST-4 (0 points)

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.57.21 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-28 at 3.00.25 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-09-28 at 3.00.36 PM.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Bridgette Gigi

The epic is still showing those issues because they're still part of your plan. The filter just removes them from showing on your timeline, but they're still part of your plan and thus your calculations.

In order to have the calculation do what you're asking, you'll need to remove it from your plan using an exclusion rule. This allows you to remove issues based on their status, among other things. The full documentation page can be found here. The downside is that this will make your plan very forward-focused (for good or bad) 

Another way to view this information you're seeking might be to enable the Progress column on your plan. Full documentation on the feature here. This shows you the breakdown of work done versus work completed. Now, it wouldn't exactly be compared against your release/fix version, but it would show the breakdown of the epic. 

Does any of this help?

Cheers

Eddie

Bridgette Gigi September 29, 2022

Hi @Eddie Meardon thanks for the reply! This makes sense but it would be nice to be able to see the total points somehow. It can't be done outside of Plans with Jira filters and can't be done inside Plans.

Do you know of any way to see total points for a release, even if it's not at the Epic level?

Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2022

@Bridgette Gigi It sounds like you might be looking for a Release Burndown chart. If you're in a company-managed project, you should be able to access this through the Reports menu on your project's left side nav, then choose Release burndown. Documentation for that can be found here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-release-burndown-report/

If you're in a team-managed project, this report isn't available. One of the tradeoffs with team-managed projects is that they have less of a focus on reporting. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events