Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll-up for Remaining Story Points

Martin Bouchard April 19, 2022

In Jira Advanced Roadmap, I can have a column for "Progress (story points)", which will show the roll-up of remaining story points in Epic and Initiative in a hovering popup.

However, I would like to have a specific column for the "Remaining (story points)", but it's nowhere to be seen in the available column we can add in Jira Plan.

Any idea?

Also, if this can be available in Jira Plan, it would also be nice to have this column exported as a specific field back in the Jira Epic or Initiative.  

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

@Martin Bouchard to suggest this feature, simply click the "Give Feedback" button (upper right hand side of a plan)

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Hi @Martin Bouchard 

I take it you don't have a custom field "Remaining (story points)" or anything?

You would just like it if there was such a field, rather than just the "Progress (by Story points)" field where you need to hover to get the remaining Story points.

Sadly, this is not a thing.....

The only way to try and set something like this up would be by creating a custom field and getting Automation to populate it with the story points from the open stories etc. Then you could add that field to your plan.

Martin Bouchard April 19, 2022

Yeah, I had used Automation before to do the roll-up of SP under a parent.  I had removed it all that automation when I started using Jira Plan and that was available right in.

Now it’s sad that the popup contains the remaining SP, but could not have it as a column. How can we ask for this feature?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2022

Check this out: Jira Automation: Complete Video Guides on how to S... (atlassian.com)

You want a JQL option something like:

issuetype in (story) and "Epic Link" = "{{issue.Epic Name}}" and statusCategory != Done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events