Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap Sprints not reflecting the assigned story points

Ahmed Saleh April 28, 2021

In the screenshot, we have a view of the current sprint, where every story assigned an estimate.  I don't see it reflected in this view. Am I missing something?Story Points.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Ahmed Saleh,

Could you confirm for me that the issues that have been given an estimate and assigned to the sprint have also been assigned to the Team associated with the board?

So the steps would be:

1. From the sprint flyout in your screenshot click the "Filter issue by this sprint"
  2. Make sure that you are showing the "Teams" field in the fields section (use the "Fields" menu to add it if it isn't present)
  3. Check that all the issues assigned to the sprint are assigned to a team

If the issues aren't assigned to a team you'll need to make sure that you have a team associated with the board that the sprints come from. You can do this via the "Teams" tab... either create or edit an existing team and make sure that the team is associated with the appropriate issue source (i.e. the one that the sprints are on). Then go back and assign that team to those issues.

This should result in the capacity bar of the sprint accurately reflecting the assignement,

Regards,

Dave

Ahmed Saleh April 29, 2021

Hi David,

Thanks for this.

As per your suggestions, I already have teams assigned. See the screenshot for more info.

teams assgined.PNG

I am unsure if our custom team field is affecting this. We have two team fields in our configuration:

• Default team field: this one created  from the team tab
  • Custom field: the field that we use in our team sprints management.

Our board contains two sources: 

• Board of the team
  • Filter

Thanks

Ahmed

Ahmed Saleh April 29, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

I have been playing around with the board and it worked when I updated system fields story points and it wasn't working when a custom field that is specific to our project was updated.  The two fields are:

• Story Points - system field 
  • Story points estimate - the custom field that we use in our projects.

My question:  Do we need to use the system field Story Points and change our projects, or there is a way to rely on our custom field that is already created?

Here is a screenshot of the board. story points system field.PNG

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Ahmed Saleh,

Thanks for the additional clarification of the problem. Yes, unfortunately you need to use the Story Points field for the estimate. Advanced Roadmaps is not configureable to use any other field for estimation (at least for points, if you configure your plan to use time based estimates then you can use the time logging fields within Jira - i.e. remaining estimate).

Regards,

Dave

David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

@Dave Perhaps a future feature of Roadmaps would be an option to roll-up values from custom fields? That would be a very helpful feature for our team.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events