Restrict Hierarchy in Share

Chris Steenwyk January 21, 2021

I was wondering if there was a way to restrict what levels of the hierarchy are visible when sharing a link the my plan.

For example, if I want to share my plan with a program manager and want to allow them to see my features but not my individual tasks. Is that possible? If so, what is the best approach?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Chris Steenwyk ,

One option here might be to have a separate plan with issue sources that don't include the task level issues. You'd need to do this by building custom JQL filters that eliminate the levels you're not interested in.

This means that when you share that version of the plan it won't be possible to see those lower level issues. The limitation of this approach is that you'd no longer be able to rely on "roll-up" data from those lower level issues (i.e. if the dates of your epics were derived from their descendants rather than being explicitly set as attribute values).

I hope that makes sense - let me know if not!

Regards,
Dave

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

@Chris Steenwyk -

You should be able to implement "Issue Security" setup to restrict visibility to issue access in your Jira project.  AR plan will honor this setup since it pulls issues from your Jira project(s).

Hope this help.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events