Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Issues function in Plans not working

Melanie Lam Carnevale March 30, 2022

Hi,

Does anyone else have this issue?

We are using Jira's advanced roadmap Plans. We have close tothe limit of 5000 issues. We have manually removed some issues from the plan. Now, we'd like to add one back.

There is a Removed Issues option in Configuration for the plan. However, when I go there, I only get 1-3 results (it's always random) and they are never the items I am looking for. It seems that perhaps this Removed Issues section is broken? 

Are there any work arounds? Is this an issues others are seeing?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

I just checked a couple plans and they all appear to show all removed issues (at least as far as I can tell).  I assume your hierarchy settings in that area are including everything from your 'top' ticket to sub-tasks.  Can you find them through the search issues field?

(none of these are really answers, just digging to see if I can find a repro-case to help)

Hi Thanks! 

Unfortunately, no the search won't help because it only searches what is loaded and right now the hierarchy is pulling all (Initiatives down to subtasks). Sometimes it returns 1 or 2 epics. Sometimes none. 

It's like the removed issues query is just plain broken because what it shows each time is different. 

I should also confirm that the epic I am trying to re-add is:

* Unresolved and marked in progress

* Is part of a Board - which is the same board used as one of the issues sources for the plan

* Is part of a fix version or release that is included on the plan

* Is not otherwise excluded due to exclusion rules

I have checked everything it could be. It just seems broken. 

That said - we do have about 20 issues sources for this one plan. All are Boards. 

This is what I see in Removed issues for a plan that has about 4,900 issues and from which we have *manually* via the "remove from plan" option under Bulk Actions) removed at least 50 issues: image.png

Changing the hierarchy doesn't do anything. it doesn't re-run the search for removed issues or anything. The search only re-runs when you re-fresh the page, and in that case the hierarchy drop downs re-set... 

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Fair enough, those are the sorts of things I'd expect to have set up (meaning I don't know if this is you, or Atlassian).   I am going to assume the issue sources are correctly set up here too, but that shouldn't affect your tickets that way.  The randomness you describe is very suspect.

Since you have Advanced roadmaps you're almost certainly on a premium plan. You could need Atlassian support here, or perhaps another user or Community Leader will have some ideas.

One more thing, I'd just check this on another browser - juuust in case it's something unexpected. 

Like Melanie Lam Carnevale likes this

Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events